Randy's Ramblings

Friday, August 05, 2005

What is it about music?
Have you ever wondered why music is so powerful? Maybe you've just never bothered to give it a thought. Think about it for a minute... music is powerful stuff. At one point in my education I memorized the 50 states in the U.S of A. I'd have to write them down and maybe look at a map to get all 50 now. My wife can rattle them right off. Why? Because she learned them to music - some teacher taught her class a song to remember the names of the 50 states and it's still with her. Music is powerful!

...it has the power to make my daughter dance around the living room in her favorite dress

...it has the power to make me sing while I wash the dishes

...it has the power to make people laugh or cry

...it has the power to give you the goosebumps

...it has the power to divide churches

...it has the power to bring best friends to blows over 'who's the best rock band ever?'

...it has the power to make me tap my foot without realizing I'm doing it

...it has the power to make me spend crazy amounts of money to see U2 in concert

The greatest part of it all? Everyone has access to music. We can all listen to the radio, or sing, to hear the music at church, or to hear the band at halftime of the football game. Music is all-accessible across generations, socio-economic barriers, national borders, language barriers and ethnic differences. Music is powerful stuff...

2 Comments:

  • Nice blog, I'll read more.

    By Blogger Rhonda, at 9:35 AM  

  • Never really thought about the power before... It does help the world go around. Music is a part of us.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home